Foto: Ludmiła Pietrzak
A granite pole measuring 2,20 x 0,49 x 0,54 m, narrow at the top, placed as a border sign in the years 1290 -1320 on the border of the Duchy of Nysa-Otmuchów ruled by the bishops of Wrocław. The border was known as Border of St. John Vikas. The front side of the stone bears a carved inscription in Latin: TMI / SCI / IOHIS, which stands for TERMINI SANCTI IOHANIS (St. John’s border). On the right side of the stone we can see a bishop’s staff as an attribute of his power and on the left side—a tilted cross.