St. Jan of Szczecin Monastery


Foto: LudmiƂa Pietrzak

POLAND
A granite landmark, little over 1 metre-high, separating the former Cistercian property from the lands of the St. Jan of Szczecin Monastery after Reformation in Pomerania marked out the border between Gryfino and Szczecin. A carving in the upper part of the rock features: the year 1582, a cipher of interweaved letters Z ang G, and a Cross of Lorraine.
This stone is one of more than twenty which are dated 1729-1773 and have survived in the Puszcza Bukowa Forests.
 
Details